Following the adoption of the program “Support Rule of Law Reforms in Ukraine” (PRAVO) in November 2017 by the European Neighborhood Instrument’s Committee, Expertise France has been identified to implement the 1st axis of intervention “Support to justice sector reforms” (PRAVO-Justice) through indirect management.
The project shall enforce practical fair access to justice for all, based on the rule of law and respect of common European democratic values and standards. The PRAVO-JUSTICE addresses the needs of Ukraine to accomplish the reform of the Justice Sector Institutions (JSIs). The scope of the project covers the objectives of the EU – Ukraine Associated Agreement and also the Justice Sector Reform Strategy 2015-20 (JSRS) and its Action Plan (JSRS AP). It aims to strengthen the justice system and provides for a number of complex activities targeting strategic priorities and specific actions resulting from mentioned policy making documents. The project with a budget of 15 million € for 3 years will be based in Kyiv and deploy a team composed of 3 International Key-Experts and 5 National Key-Experts. It is structured around four components:
1. Justice Reform Management: Strengthening capacity of institutions for designing and implementing the Justice Reform Strategy
2. Judiciary and related institutions (e.g. public prosecution, legal profession, etc.): Enhancing governance, professionalism, transparency and efficiency of the judiciary and related institutions
3. Enforcement: improving enforcement of judgments (civil and criminal) and the enforceability of obligations
4. E-Justice: support the development and introduction of e-justice tools
The National Key- Expert will be recruited through a local contract for the duration of the project. The National Key- Expert should work closely with the International Key-Expert, Head of component 4 (E-Justice) and complement the international expert’s experience of EU best practices with a profound understanding of the Ukrainian context and applicable legal framework in the respective area of expertise.
More specifically, the assigned tasks are:
- Liaison with the beneficiaries of the relevant component;
- Support the long-term key experts in their work;
- Provide support to beneficiaries in the creation of regulatory frameworks;
- Function as a liaison between Expertise France, the EUD and the Short-Term experts;
- Draft Terms of References for short-term missions;
- Prepare missions of short-term experts, including the logistics;
- Provide assistance in drafting and editing of reports;
- Prepare events, including the budget and assume responsibility for the implementation;
- Provide support to the communication officer.
Qualifications et compétences
The national expert should at minimum have :
- a relevant University degree in their respective field of expertise
- a good command of written and spoken Russian and/or Ukrainian and English
- at least 6 years of work experience of which at least 3 years relevant to their field of expertise
The recruitment process is subject to the signature of the project with the EU.
- Location : Kyiv
- Duration : 32 months
- Starting date : as soon as possible
All applications must include the following:
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email before April 30th, using the following subject: NKE 4 PRAVO
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.